Rockstart, with seven years of operation in Latin America and specialized in investing in startup acceleration processes, has selected ten companies from Colombia and Chile to join its acceleration program, with an investment reaching USD $6 million. The initial agreement is one of the most competitive in the region, as each of the selected companies will receive an initial investment of $100,000 USD.
In previous years, Rockstart has achieved exciting results, with 82% of the startups that have gone through its program securing investments after the accelerator’s initial investment. In total, these companies have raised more than USD $40 million and have increased their average size by four times since the start of the program.
The programs are 100% customized and designed specifically to meet the needs of the selected startups. The investments will be tailored to create individualized development plans for each company, considering their corporate and personal challenges.
Here are the ten selected startups:
- Brincus: an educational platform for school reinforcement that democratizes access to quality education in Latin America.
- Cactus: a platform that streamlines the acquisition of IT infrastructure by automating data development and operations processes.
- Carga ya: promotes the digital transformation of the road freight transport ecosystem and encourages financial inclusion for independent transporters.
- Celes: an artificial intelligence and data analysis platform that converts retail data into cash flow.
- Dodo: a mental well-being platform that aims to strengthen people’s and organizations’ health.
- Linnda: a plug-and-play data analysis and activation tool to understand the best customers and where they purchase.
- Lucro: offers companies better decision-making through actionable data via technology and software services.
- Palatierra: an AgTech platform that facilitates the management of farms and agricultural projects through technology.
- Sportscrowd: a Direct2Fan platform that unifies all fan interactions with their club.
- Swetro: a platform for virtual races and fantasy leagues for real-life physical activities.
The Rockstart program comes at a time when, according to a study by Endeavor and Glisco Partners, Latin American startups raised only US$406 million in the first quarter of 2023, a 40% increase compared to the first quarter of 2021, indicating recovery but a slowdown compared to previous years." data-image-caption="
Endeavor Study" data-medium-file="https://i0.wp.com/contxto.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Endeavor-Study.jpeg?fit=300%2C217&ssl=1" data-large-file="https://i0.wp.com/contxto.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Endeavor-Study.jpeg?fit=1024%2C740&ssl=1" decoding="async" >
Felipe Santamaria, CEO of Rockstart Latam, commented on this new group of startups:
“These companies are shaping up to be one of the best cohorts in all these years, with 80% already operating internationally. It has historically been the cohort with the highest average revenue, with powerful and high-level teams.”