Founded in 2014 by Thad Simmons, The Yield Lab unites the support of entrepreneurs, public and private actors, providing funds and support for the creation of the market.
The mission of the Yield Lab is to revolutionize agri-food systems in a sustainable manner, investing and accelerating high-impact and early-stage companies around the world.
So, if you have a product or service aiming to
Why invest in AgTech?
Latin America is responsible for 16 percent of world agricultural trade exports.
By the year 2050 in the world there will be 9.300 million people to feed and 50% or 60% more of the food available on the planet will be required, of which 85% comes from agriculture
Food and Agriculture Organization
The acceleration fund will invest up to
According to the call, the total number of companies that will be selected is five.
The acceleration program will be held in Buenos Aires, São Paulo and St. Louis from May 6th, 2019 to February 20th, 2020.
Requirements to apply:
- Companies with products or services that seek to revolutionize agriculture and food in a sustainable way
- The products in development must be B2B
- The company must have legal personality
- The project must be scalable
- The company must be in a commercial stage
If you wish to register for the program, the link to apply is available right here.
This year, The Yield Lab LATAM offers:
- US $100,000 in equity investment
- Access to the premiere AgTech accelerator program in Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo and Saint Louis
- Customized mentorship from their team
- Access to The Yield Lab global network, including strategic corporate partners, producers, investors and entrepreneurs
According to the official website of The Yield Lab, currently they have a portfolio of 26 companies, and a total of 3 locations located in St. Louis, Missouri; Buenos Aires, Argentina and most recently, their recently opened facilities in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
In 2018, 64 Startups applied to be part of the first acceleration program of The Yield Lab in Latin America and the three selected companies were:
There are no geography limits, so if you’re in the AgTech sector, this might be the sign you’re been looking for!