I find this book absolutely relevant, not only in this day and age, but also given the generational element with which we are building our high-performance teams today.
Business environments are increasingly marked by complexity, uncertainty and volatility, requiring teams to be more resilient and better prepared to meet challenges.
Without going through the usual platitudes, the authors provide a series of actionable recommendations that make this reading almost a practical work manual.
Specifically, the four fundamental and essential resources of any resilient team are addressed: trust in the team, teamwork maps, improvisation skills and psychological safety. It is a book full of stories and concrete examples of real teams that faced challenges and managed to overcome obstacles. A must read to face what we are going through in the markets and what is coming.
Marcos Mauro is VP at DataArt, a global software engineering company. With more than 18 years of experience in management positions, he was responsible for the company’s start-up in Latin America and today continues to lead its expansion process in Mexico and the rest of the region.
More from this category:
- ‘Can’t Hurt Me’, recommended by Alfonso de Los Ríos (Nowports)
- ‘The Hard Thing About Hard Things’, recommended by by Ángela Acosta (Morado)
- ‘No Rules Rules’, recommended by Cristóbal Griffero (Fintoc)
- ‘Blitzscaling,’ recommended by Tadashi Takaoka (Socialab)
- ‘Rework’, recommended by by Magdalena Maino (Depto51)